Update .. Given that Riley is asplenic, adrenal insufficient and overall immune compromised the decision was made to complete the 48 hours of IV vancomycin and cefepime even though we know he’s positive for rhinovirus and coronavirus. Wednesday Riley’s fever didn’t go above 99.8. Assuming Thursday the fever stays down Riley should be able to discharge after his last dose of IV antibiotics. Continuing at home with stress dose steroids and breathing treatments.
Fingers crossed! ❤
#CHD #Heterotaxy #Transplant #Warrior #BeatingtheOdds Everyday.
~ pic is just Riley being Silly Riley. Even if he’s on contact at the hospital. 😊