Update from Riley’s follow up. He is doing Ok. He had a low grade fever and was having what looked like a reaction to something on his face. I had called the on call Wednesday night regarding the reaction and gave him benadryl knowing we would see someone Thursday. After an exam it was determined that Riley has an ear infection. That most likely being the cause of the new fever and what looked like an allergic reaction. So we have swapped out his maintenance ammoxicillan for augmentin.
We will continue the increased breathing treatments and higher dose of steroids that is being used to help with the RSV. We have already returned his immune suppression med back to his regular dosage.
Fingers crossed that our next appointment with transplant will be to do Riley’s TWO Year Bronch and Cath to check for rejection in March! .. and of course that will go Awesome .. ♡
Riley is Home! He still has RSV but is doing better. We are leaving his steroids increased for now and we lowered one of his immune suppression meds (little scary). Fingers crossed he continues to improve! We will see pulmonary next week to follow up .. ♡
Riley settled up on 8 South Tuesday. He had a pretty Uneventful night but spiked a fever Wednesday morning of 102.7. They have increased his steroids to 20mg and decided he is staying. Thursday they will revisit the idea of going home but it will all depend how today and tonight go. So we’ll see what tomorrow morning’s rounds bring.
Riley has been very lucky since discharge after transplant. This is his first sick stay since. Now he will kick RSVs butt and go back to Beating the Odds!! .. ♡
Quick update .. Riley was admitted to CHOP last night through the ED. He has RSV. The thought was he would be discharged today but he spiked another fever and his heart rate is still elevated. We will see what tomorrow brings.
~ For more updates please visit Riley’s FB page .. https://www.facebook.com/Smile4Riley?ref=bookmarks