A Lil' Boy's Journey to Live….

Riley is scheduled for a Bronchoscopy and Cath on Monday June 10th. Both procedures are to check for rejection.
Dr Goldfarb will do the Bronchoscopy and Dr Rome will do the Cardiac Cath. This will be Riley’s 4th time having both procedures done since his Heart/Lung Transplant on March 5th, but it will be his 30th Cath. Dr Rome will also check Riley’s filling pressures. They have shown to be high in Riley’s previous post transplant caths. We can only pray this time will be different.
Dr Javia, who did Riley’s Tracheostomy, will also take part in Monday’s procedures. He will be checking the airway for any stenosis. If he finds narrowing in the airway we would then be asked to sign consent for dilation. Most likely with cutting balloons which were also used to keep Riley’s remaining pulmonary veins open while he waited for Transplant. The Hope obviously is that there is no stenosis allowing us to move forward with possible Decannulation before discharge.
Assuming Riley continues to progress the way he has over the last several weeks .. The discussion is to discharge by the end of June.
Thank you All for your Love and Support .. We Journey On as Riley Continues to DEFY the ODDS .. ♥


Comments on: "Riley Will Be Having Three Procedures on Monday June 10th .. ♥" (1)

  1. what great news !way to go little man ) may god bless you always ❤

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Tag Cloud

%d bloggers like this: