A Lil' Boy's Journey to Live….

Archive for September, 2011

Waiting……

Riley has been Waiting One Year.. Ten Months and Six Days for His Gift of Life ♥ Bilateral Lung/Heart Transplant ♥

Pics from Riley’s Cath ~ 9/12/11

Post Cath…

Riley is out of the Cath. Same narrowing in the same places! He is sleeping now in the CICU. As long as no problems arise he should be discharged Tuesday.
Thank You All for your Love and Support!

Riley’s Cath is Monday Morning..

Another Eve to Another Cath ♥Monday we are to report to the CPRU at 9:30AM. That most likely makes Riley 3rd case but Monday Morning Dr. Rome attends a meeting so that could mean 2nd case. Either way I just hope Riley Flies through Another Cath Complication Free and continues Sailing towards Transplant ♥

Heavy Load….

As we Prepare Riley for his Cath on Monday my Husband Darren is also having to deal with his Mother being in the Hospital along with his Grandmother now being on Hospice and possibly being called to God’s Side at any time! Darren is Extremely Close to Grandmother! Please Pray for Strength for My Husband as We Walk this Road.. Together ♥

Unbelievable Wait…..

Riley has been waiting Exactly One Year and Ten Months for a Bilateral Lung/Heart Transplant ♥ Defying the Odds♥

Friday was a Sad Day for the Heterotaxy/CHD Community…

Below is a post from Alexandra. Her Daughter Ava died Friday at One day old! Ava’s DX was very similar to Riley’s.

Alexandra…. Dr. Hanely at Stanford never called me back either. He was supposed to call me on Wednesday morning. I didn’t give birth until Thursday at 4:39 PM and if I would’ve been able to talk to him wednesday I could’ve asked to have Ava transfered right away. I was either on pain medication and sleeping or in too much pain to remember. I hate myself for not driving up to Stanford before she was born. I should’ve driven up there Monday night. Stanford told CHLA they couldn’t transport the baby but they never commented on whether or not they would do the surgery. Hospitals dont care. Both Kaiser in Riverside, Kaiser in LA, and UCLA told me that CHLA could handle Ava’s case. They said they could handle it even if the last 10% of her diagnosis meant that she had issues with her pulmonary veins. All of the perinatologists and pediatric cardiologist said they were doubtful that there were issues with the pulmonary veins. Then after she is born they tell me that she has the worst imaginable issues with her pulmonary veins and that NO ONE COULD DO ANYTHING TO HELP HER. Please tell any mother who is considering choosing anything besides the ABSOLUTE BEST surgeon for their heterotaxy baby is choosing to break their own heart.

Tag Cloud